Friday, March 11, 2005

So part of the ritual of watching the show was trying to figure out who was going to have some horrific injury.

Last night I duplicated a sentence (now corrected) in the ESPN/World's Strongest Man post. Not to worry, though--my friend Paul Costello over at www.groovgames.com was at the ready.
Since I'm a friend who's trying to look out for you while you're probably knee deep in a drug-induced stupor brought on by a combination of muscle relaxants and too much Darwinia, I figured I'd point out a bit of duplication in today's post:

"If you're carrying a refrigator or towing a plane, you don't strain muscles--you obliterate them. So part of the ritual of watching the show was trying to figure out who was going to have some horrific injury.

That whole concept would have made a great children's toy. Load up Marty McAgony with a refrigerator and a railroad car and a bus and at some point, he'll explode. Don't be the last one to give him a tanker to carry!

So part of the ritual of watching the show was trying to figure out who was going to have some horrific injury. And there was always somebody from Iceland, or Sweden, named Magnus V. Magnusson or something like that. Sturdy people, the Swedes."

You know what you should do for the next week? You should work that sentence into every single post you write.

For example: "I've played Darwinia for about 5 hours now and I already feel it's a classic, both retro and well ahead of its time, and just about every other AAA title out there could take a lesson from it in how to create a fun, engaging game. So part of the ritual of watching the show was trying to figure out who was going to have some horrific injury. Not to mention that it's just addictive as hell."

Or: "I was trying to pick french fries up off the floor with my unusually long toes and while wondering aloud how Sam Fisher would handle such a task, Eli wandered in and decided to pee in the corner, which prompted Gloria to say, "So part of the ritual of watching the show was trying to figure out who was going to have some horrific injury?" One of the things I love about my wife is her ability to sum up situations like this so eloquently."

I could go on, but I'm guessing by now you pretty much wish I didn't.

There it is--the official signature phrase of the column.

Site Meter