Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sharp Blows Your Mind

I like to delude myself into thinking that I understand technology and where it's headed, but this blindsided me. Completely. Today, Sharp announced a "two-way viewing" LCD.

What the hell is that? That was my first thought, too. Here's an excerpt from an article over at MSNBC:
The Japanese electronics firm has developed a liquid-crystal display that shows totally different images to people viewing the screen from the left and the right.

So, in theory, I could be surfing the Internet while I looked at the LCD from the right side, while Gloria could be watching television while she looked at the LCD from the left side.

If I let her into my study, of course.

This isn't a split-screen. It's full screen, with the image you see determined by your viewing angle. Talk about amazing.

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8573487/.

Site Meter