Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just a Regular Morning Around Here

I woke up, showered, and went downstairs about fifteen minutes before Eli 4.6 and his mom left for pre-school.

"Hey buddy, how are you today?" I asked as I was walking down the stairs.

"Good. But not very," Eli 4.6 said.

"Not very? What do you mean?"

"Everything I say is turning into animals," he said.

"Big animals or small animals?" I asked. "Because small animals are just an annoyance, but big animals are a disaster."

"Oh, they're big," he said.

"Big like polar bear big?"

"Bigger than that," he said. "Big like BLUE WHALES."

"Wow! That IS a problem. I guess you're going to have to be really quiet at school."

"OH, YEAH," he said.

"What would Miss Denise say if you said something and a blue whale appeared on the playground?"

"She'd say 'Don't bring your blue whale to school ever again.' And I'd say 'I didn't BRING it, it's my voice.' "

"And in explaining yourself, another blue whale would show up," I said.

"I know," he said. "Then Miss Denise would say 'Stop talking. We don't have room for any more whales.' "

Site Meter