Friday, April 14, 2006

Target: The Easter Bunny

Pete Thistle sent me a terrific story about his dad and Easter. Thanks to him for letting me share it with you.
When I was about seven, I asked my dad to help me set a trap for the Easter Bunny. He was totally into it. He got out this giant old net from his father's old sea fishing gear and we rigged it to fall onto a pile of carrots in the yard that I used for bait. When I got up in the morning I ran outside hoping to see some mystical giant rabbit caught up in the net. What I found was my carrots nibbled down to nubs with clear teeth markings matching those of a rabbit and white rabbit fur caught up in the fibers of the net.

My dad had waited up late until after I fell asleep, chewed up the carrots, set off the trap, and placed white rabbit fur from his fly tying supplies in the net. I have to tell you, I was completely convinced that I came this close to nabbing the Easter Bunny, and I couldn't have been happier about it.


That is one great dad.

Site Meter