Monday, December 18, 2006

Eli 5.4: an RPG for Christmas

I decided that I wanted to start Eli on some role-playing for Christmas this year. The pen and paper kind, so we can spend time together and he can use his imagination.

The spur for this ideas was Power Rangers: SPD, or, as I like to call it, "total crap." He's only getting to watch thirty minutes of the show each day, but he's still obsessed with it. I thought about it for a while and decided that he's obsessed because he doesn't have anything more interesting as an alternative.

What I decided on after a fair bit of research was The Zorcerer of Zo. The guide supposedly includes recommendations on tailoring the experience for kids of different ages, which should be very helpful, and I think Eli 5.4 would be blown away by actually being "in" an adventure that unfolds as he plays. This is an Atomic Sock Monkey game, and I've heard good things about them (they did Monkey, Ninja, Pirate, Robot), so hopefully this will work out.

Site Meter