Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Note on Guitar Hero II

According to this article over at Voodoo Extreme, which listed the top-selling console games of November, Guitar Hero II now apparently rules the world.

1) Final Fantasy XII - Playstation 2 - Square Enix Inc.
2) Gears of War - Xbox 360 - Microsoft
3) Guitar Hero 2 With Guitar - Playstation 2 - Activision

Third? Are you freaking kidding me? Oh, and it's not really third:
12) Guitar Hero 2 - Playstation 2 - Activision
19) Guitar Hero Bundle - Playstation 2 - Activision

If you add the sales of all three versions together, Guitar Hero sold more than HALF-A-MILLION copies.

The first time I played Guitar Hero, in the first thirty seconds, I knew that I had a feeling I'd never had in game before: joy. There's just no other word I can use to describe how it feels to play. It is that concepually pure and that totally immersive.

I don't think I've ever felt that a game deserved to go large and stun us all than this game. And damn, it did.

Site Meter