Monday, February 19, 2007

This American Life

The one show I look forward to each week, without fail, isn't a show on television. It's a radio show, believe it or not, and it's called This American Life.

This American Life includes three stories each week during the one-hour program, and they are funny and gripping and brilliantly written. It comes on each Sunday morning at 10 a.m. (in Austin, anyway--I'm not sure when it's shown in your local market), and after I take Eli 5.6 to my mom's house at 10 a.m., I often wind up sitting the driveway when I get home because I'm in the middle of a story.

If you've never heard this show, it's just spectacularly good. Go here and click on the "our favorite shows" link on the left side, which will take you to a nice selection of past stories. Also, if you look today, on the main page you'll see a link to yesterday's show, titled "Quiz Show." The story about Roger Dowds in that episode is tremendously poignant.

Site Meter