Monday, January 12, 2009

Question

The new system is performing extremely well. Of course, all I'm doing with it right now is playing King's Bounty.

And damn, King's Bounty is GREAT. I'll tell you more about it later.

Here's my gating factor: I'm using BitDefender on my current PC, and I'm satisfied with its performance. Since I have 64-bit Vista instead of 32-bit XP, though, I'm concerned that it may not perform as well. Plus, I've read several reviews that indicate the performance hit associated with BitDefender is pretty high.

Incredibly, Norton 2009 seems to be getting very good reviews everywhere, and seems to degrade performance only slightly.

So here's my question for you guys: if you're using 64-bit Vista, and would either highly recommend or highly fear a particular anti-virus program (based on personal experience), which one would it be? Thanks for your time.

Site Meter