Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tiger Wood 10 (Wii)

As my very good friend and Nicest Guy In The World Ben Ormand would say, "Let's rip the band-aid off first."

The bad news about Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii: that ambitious golf simulation project I described earlier this week really won't work for a myriad of reasons.

The good news about Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii: everything else.

I've played three full rounds now, and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement. The Wii version of Tiger Woods 10 is jammed full of features, the interface is well-designed, and in absolutely no way does this feel like a rushed port or a "B" team effort.

This is "A" team all the way.

The MotionPlus support is excellent, and the sensitivity of the controller to my swing is very impressive. In particular, putting is totally wonderful, and no longer are you forced to go Dante's Ten Levels of Idiot Hell when putting--just hold the controller and putt, and your on-screen animation matches your movement.

Common sense FTW!

I also think that touch shots are far, far more interesting using the Wiimote+MotionPlus.

This feels so much more like golf than using an analog stick that I have no idea why anyone would even play the 360 or PS3 versions. Sure, the graphics are much weaker on the Wii (although they're better than I expected), but the MotionPlus support, as well as the overall polish and abundant value of the Wii version (29 courses, plus disc golf), make this game an incredible value.

Did I just say "incredible value" about an EA Sports game? Is that possible?

Site Meter