Monday, September 14, 2009

Not The Beatles: Rock Band Impressions Post

Since so many people have already written about The Beatles: Rock Band (in short: it's fantastic, and it's a brilliant tribute to the band), I'm taking a different approach.

Since the new box sets were released on the same day (a very shrewd marketing move), I decided to re-listen to all of the albums as part of the process of playing the game.

I've listened to all the albums before, but never in sequence, and never in such a compressed time period. It's a wonderful experience, and I'm understanding some things for the first time, like why Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band had such a seismic impact.

So I'm only playing one set a night in the game, and when I'm done (another few days), I'll make multiple posts about the game that are intertwined with impressions of the albums.

Site Meter