Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Swine!

Apparently, this entire city has the flu.

Well, not the whole city--the three of us are flu-free, for now--but this article should give you an idea of how crazy it is getting. Wait, most of you are as lazy as I am, so here's an excerpt:
Dell Children's Medical Center is seeing so many children sick with what is presumed to be swine flu, it expects to start treating some of them in tents starting today.

The hospital ER has seen steady increases in patients over the past couple of weeks, but the past week has been especially grueling, with some days easily exceeding 300 patients, said Dr. Pat Crocker, chief of emergency medicine at the hospital. When 343 patients swamped the hospital Sunday, officials decided to set up the tents and triage patients with less severe flu there starting today, officials said.

I feel like I'm living on a tiny island while the rest of the world is going through a zombie outbreak.

If I was still single, I could just work from home for a couple of weeks, order pizza online, and never leave the house. I'd just play games, watch movies, and surf the web all day.

Hell, an epidemic would be the best two weeks of my life.

With Eli 8.1 in contact with approximately 7,000,000 children each day, though, all the fun gets taken out of disease and replaced with worry. So instead of playing games for two weeks, I'll probably be driving to outer Mongolia to get Tamiflu.

Site Meter