Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Demon's Souls (PS3)

Demon's Souls has been released in the U.S. today for the PS3.

I put in 20+ hours with the import version, and this is easily one of the best games of the year. It's epic in scope, the level design is sensational, the game design is just as good, and the graphical quality is stunning.

When I first started playing this game, my impressions were dominated by one word: awe. And that feeling still hasn't gone away.

I might give out two or three "10" scores a year. This year, only Demon's Souls and Red Faction: Guerrilla belong in that category. Demon's Souls also has a notable "PC" quality, in that it's a hard game that never apologizes for being hard.

I'll have much more next week, but if you have a PS3, this is an auto-purchase. And if you're looking for a good reason to buy a PS3, this is it.

Site Meter