Monday, March 29, 2010

Seize The Day

On my way back to the car after picking up my morning oatmeal cookie (hey, it's just a bowl of oatmeal in a different form factor), I saw that another car had pulled in next to mine.

This cas was a blue Chevrolet that had seen better, younger days. It said "CLASSIC" on the back in silver letters, so only "CLASSI" remained.

When I got into my car, I looked over and saw a portly, middle-aged man with a salt and pepper beard and a thick moustache. He was wearing a brown corduroy shirt, and an opened laptop was resting on his lap.

He was asleep.

After a few minutes of observation on my part, he stirred. He lifted his left arm, which had been hanging out the window, and took a long puff on a cigarette, then hung his arm out the window again. Fire safety, I assume, because he went right back to sleep.

I took a closer look inside the car. A pack of KOOLS was on the passenger seat. He was a menthol man.

I took a closer look at the laptop as well. He was running Powerpoint, and I saw that the opening slide was blank, save for the "Click to add title" box.

Oh, how I wanted him to take one more drag on the cigarette, toss it out the window, and type "A TIME FOR CHANGE."

Site Meter