Monday, October 18, 2010

The Ouchening

Julian Dasgupta sent me a link last week to this:
New software releases in September have not met expectations in the US, according to Cowan & Company's Doug Creutz.

Microsoft's Halo: Reach sold 3.3 million units during the month, below Cowan's 3.75 million estimate, while Activision's Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, only managed "a fairly dreadful" 86,000 units in its first five days.

Cow's out of milk, Bobby.

Inferring from the Halo reference, I believe that represents 360 sales only, but still--given what Kotick's publicly stated sales goals are for Activision's major franchises, those figures might represent the killing blow.

Hopefully, that just means everyone is saving up to buy the superior brand in the genre--Rock Band 3-- but as I recently mentioned, I doubt it.

My e-mail after that first post was about 4-1 in favor of the "not excited at all" camp. Not good.

Site Meter