Monday, February 14, 2011

Best Buy WTH?

As you know, I pre-ordered the Fender Squier Rock Band 3 guitar/controller in the middle of December. With shipping, the price was over $320.

This item isn't scheduled to ship until March 1, and that's been known since the first date of the pre-orders.

In spite of that, Best Buy has been pinging my credit card with a $320 pending transaction every single week since then. The charge is pending, the funds are held for 3-4 days, and then the transaction drops off. A few days later, it's back on again.

Seriously, WTF?

Many people (including myself) have credit cards that are a combo debit/credit card, and when I charge something, it's deducted directly from my bank account. So Best Buy has basically frozen $320+ of the money in my bank account for months.

It's incredible, really, and when I asked them why, they gave the most fumblebumble answer imaginable. There's no way for them to explain why they're doing it without falling down in a squishy, disjointed mass.

This is one of the reasons I dislike exclusives so much. If I want the Squier, I have a gun to my head that reads "BEST BUY" on the barrel.

Site Meter