Thursday, December 08, 2011

'Tis the Season, Indeed

I got this e-mail yesterday:
"So have you got to the point in your gaming career that Pop Chips and Jem and the Hooligans are more important than impression you have of the latest games (ie. Skyrim)?"

This was from someone who's e-mailed for a long time, and he was kidding, but it's actually a fair question, given how little I've written about gaming in the last few weeks. And the answer would be "not more important, but more possible."

I think the last four weeks have been the most difficult stretch I've had in years. Gloria was out of town for three days one weekend, then we had two weekends in a row with hockey tournaments (away from home three and four days, respectively), and last weekend, Eli got strep throat. He's missed school all week, which is how I saw Gem for the first time, because we were so desperate to find anything new to watch, and the program description sounded so, well, outrageous.

Those Pop-Chips? That was what I had for lunch one day, and it reminded me of how much I like them.

Next weekend, we're going to Shreveport (oh no), which will take us away from home for another four days. It's been an incredibly difficult stretch, and I've been so busy that I haven't even installed the replacement video card that I've had sitting by my computer for two weeks.

In short, I've been hanging on by my fingernails. I have managed to play Rocksmith for 20-30 minutes most days, but Skyrim has fallen by the wayside, even as I know it would be breathtaking.

I know this is going to ease up eventually, but for now, I'm just scrambling to find anything to write about that's at least (hopefully) mildly entertaining. That's how my lunch and the worst show I've ever seen wound up in posts this week.

Hopefully, things will be back to normal levels of craziness soon.

Site Meter