Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Ubisoft is releasing Assassin's Creed IV on October 29.

It's over seven months until the release of the game--seven months!--but I've already seen a TON of television commercials for the game. The same commercial, at least fifteen times (on ESPN or the NHL Network--I can't remember which one).

That's more commercials for one game in the last two weeks than I've seen for all other games combined.

Seemingly, Ubisoft is shoving large stacks of chips into the pot here. They are going very, very big, and it's worth watching to see if this game can--in any way--match the aggressiveness of the marketing.

I mean, I like pirates, and that's the hook (yes, I made that pun) for this installment. So I'm certainly curious, but based on the amount of early advertising, Ubisoft's break-even point is going to be staggeringly high.

Site Meter