Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Tragic

I saw the fight between George Parros and Colton Orr last night. If you haven't, go here, but be warned--the ending is brutal.

I love hockey. And seeing two guys fight each other, which is not part of the game, makes me sick.

The NHL moves in micro-steps, though, so how about this? How about a game misconduct for fighting, and if the fight gets started in the 3rd period, the penalty carries over to include the next game? If somebody still wants to fight, they can fight, but at least this way there are significant consequences.

Please don't tell me that fighting is an essential part of the game. It's not. The playoffs have almost zero fighting. It may have been appropriate twenty years ago, or fifty, but today, it just seems barbaric.

There will come a day when fighting gets eliminated from the NHL. I will be very happy when that day arrives.



Site Meter