Monday, June 30, 2014

Gridiron Solitaire #111: Version 1.1, Releasing This Week

My lovely wife Gloria has a milestone birthday today (I can't tell you which milestone because serious sanctions might be involved), so this is going to be very brief.

1.1 (not 1.3--I realized the patch versions I'd used previously were 1.0-something, so 1.1 makes sense) is essentially done. Fredrik even added two new images for passing touchdowns. All known bugs are fixed. I've very pleased with how the game is playing, and it's time to let it go.

I'm going to try and play most of a season tomorrow, just to see if I can find anything else to fix. Then it should be released on Wednesday.

I'm going to force myself to stop development of the new Team History structure for 7-10 days after 1.1 gets released. I need a break, even if I won't admit it. So I can do bug fixes and closely monitor the Steam forum to help people adjust to the new version.

After that, I'm going to need to work hard, and quickly. The new Team History features need to be finished by early-mid August, at the latest, so that the new version will be ready when football season starts.

Then marketing. And more marketing. And still more. Even though it runs very counter to my nature, it has to be done.

Site Meter