Tuesday, October 06, 2015

The Future Moving Into The Present Faster Than I Can Imagine

I was talking to Eli 14.2 last week and said to him that one day, people's phones would also be their computers.

"No way," he said. "How would that work?"

"Phones are getting much more powerful every year," I said. "Even now, most people have plenty of processing power in their phones to do whatever they need. The phone needs an HDMI port for a display, and a couple of USB ports for a keyboard and mouse."

"I just don't see it," he said.

"Plus there needs to be a storage port so that users can add capacity as needed," I said.

"When will that happen?" he asked.

"Soon," I said. "Five years. Ten, at most."

More like five days, actually. Microsoft announced it today: Microsoft's Display Dock turns your Windows phone into a mini PC.

I really like what they're doing here.

Site Meter