Monday, March 20, 2017

Tape Measure

We drove past an apple orchard on Sunday.

A nice feature of Western Michigan: fruit-related activities.

"Hey, they have a vineyard, too," I said. "What are they making--apple wine?"

"Maybe," Gloria said. "A boy took me on a picnic by the lake with a bottle of apple wine when I was in high school."

"Apple wine? How old were you?"

"I was in high school," she said, protesting. "He was the first boy I ever kissed, because the picnic was so sweet."

"Naive teenage girl, romantic picnic, apple wine--that's how you get 'with child', young lady," I said.

Eli 15.7 started laughing in the back seat.

"It was all very innocent," she said.

"So how far did he get--second base?" I asked. Eli burst out laughing.

"He was swinging for the fences," Eli said.

"Hey!" Gloria said.

"Dinger," Eli said.

"Giancarlo Stanton at the plate," I said.

"This family," Gloria said.

Site Meter