Monday, June 12, 2017

Maybe the Worst Trailer in History

Let me get this out of the way first: I like Terry Crews.

His first few Old Spice commercials were absolutely hilarious, and he parlayed that into a role on Brooklyn Nine Nine, where he's genuinely funny.

So when I found Crews was going to be in Crackdown 3 as Commander Jaxon, I thought it was a good move. And maybe it is, but the E3 trailer is absolutely awful.

Have a look: Crackdown 3 Trailer.

Yeah, that's crap.

What I loved about Crackdown is there was a realistic sense of physicality. You did superhero things, but somehow it never looked stupid.

In this trailer, though, guys are flying all over the place in ways that don't even make sense. It just looks like a bunch of random stuff thrown together, then called a game.

I hope I'm wrong, because the original Crackdown was a top five game on the Xbox 360, and one of my favorites. Not looking good, though.

Release date: November 7.

Site Meter