Thursday, July 13, 2017

Routine




Just another Thursday.

Eli 15.11 had a lesson at 10:30, then we drive directly to another rink for an hour-long workout with his trainer.

This is the rhythm of summer. I work out early, take Eli to his workouts, then go to the library and work on Unity for as many hours as I can when everything else is done.

Great library, too. Look at this view:


The library is also the source of the trash panda picture, which forever elevates them into all of my Hall of Fames.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I think I'm starting coding on the new game in two weeks. The support materials and third-party books for Unity are stellar, and learning has been surprisingly smooth. I still struggle with architecture (DQ Architecture Advisor Garret Rempel will be contacted), but the general nuts and bolts of working with the engine have gone very well.

I also think I can get a prototype up much, much more quickly this time, because Unity does so many things automatically that VB.NET struggled mightily to do.

In other news, we went to a park and unicycled for the first time in a long time. Eli rode about two miles, I rode about half that, and nobody fell. Well, Eli was never going to, so more correctly, I didn't fall.

I'd like to get back into unicycling for fitness, but I also want to get a 26" uni that there is no room for in the budget, so it may be a while.

Site Meter