Monday, October 09, 2017

Golf Story (Switch)

Please tell me you have a Switch. Seriously, it's the best platform for gaming right now, and it's not even close. It's an impeccable user experience, and handheld mode is utterly wonderful.

Sorry, that was wayward. Back to Golf Story.

Oh, what a game.

Remember the Kairosoft games? There are 41 Kairosoft games available for Android, and as far as I can, all 41 are the same management game. Incredibly charming, at least for the first few you play, but at some point, I realized that managing a soccer team/mall/stables/etc. was all so similar that it wasn't fun anymore.

At the same time, what I really wanted was a single-player Kairosoft game where I wasn't managing anything but myself. Some kind of adventure.

Then Sidebar Games made Golf Story.

Trailer: Golf Story Release Trailer.

Visually, it's incredibly similar to a Kairosoft game, but it's a one-person golfing adventure. With murder.

Seriously, who wouldn't want to play that?

It's very, very witty, and the golf is solid, and there are secrets and mini-games everywhere.

I think it took me about 20 hours to finish, and I had a fantastic time.

I do wish that a few of the courses were a bit more conventional, and there were some bugs in the initial release (patch has been submitted and may be out by the time you read this), but damn, this is such a good game, and it deserves a wide audience.

Site Meter